Article 1. (Web beginner’s program)
“Kids’ ISO 14000 Web version beginner’s program (“Web beginner’s program”)” refers to the services of Kids’ ISO 14000 program on the Web (http://www.artechs.org), and the mailing system and other services associated with this site provided by ArTech International.
Article 2. (Application of terms)
5. If a user is still under age, the user must have a consent of the guardian before being able to utilize the Web beginner’s program.
Article 3. (User registration)
1. When a primary user wish to participate in the Web beginner’s program, users shall register by one of the following procedures (which is explained below), to get an ID and a password (“user account”) necessary to login to the Web beginner’s program. The registration process shall be completed when ArTech International approves the registration.
(1) When guardians wish to enter into the Web beginner’s program contract (“guardian’s contract”), they must understand and agree to the system and the contents provided by the Web beginner’s program.
2. Once user registration is finished, ArTech International shall issue necessary user account.
3. Users shall be accountable for any information they enter or submit during user registration process.
4. When ArTech International judges that the information provided by the user is not appropriate, such that information is wrong, the Web beginner’s program may not be offered.
5. The user account issued by ArTech International may only be used by the specific user for whom the account is created. Giving or lending the account to the third person is prohibited.
6. Any actions done on the Web beginner’s program using a user account shall be regarded as actions of the users to whom the account is issued.
Users shall be responsible for using the Web beginner’s program and for handling the user account. ArTech International shall not be held responsible for any losses that may occur as a result of actions of persons other than the registered account holder.
7. ArTech International will not disclose any information obtained during the registration process, however, in the following cases, within the limits of applicable laws, ArTech International may disclose personal information, usage history of users, messages of users, etc. without any prior notice.
(1) When authority of law and other entities request the information according to the law,
(2) When users agree to disclose the information,
(3) When the information is necessary to protect the life of a person or properties and when it is difficult to obtain user’s consent.
Article 4. (Invoice and payment method)
1. Information subscribers shall pay for the specified fee described in the contract immediately after the registration is complete according to the payment method specified by ArTech International.
The necessary cost upon payment (handling fees and annual membership fees for credit cards are examples, however, not limited to these) shall be paid by the information subscribers.
2. Information subscribers shall be able to use the paid services for 120 days from the day ArTech International acknowledges the payment described in the previous clause is made (“starting date”).
Article 5. (Prohibited actions)
1. Users may not engage in the following actions or actions that may result in the following actions while using the Web beginner’s program.
(1) Intentionally registering wrong information or misleading information,
(2) Violating copyrights, trademark rights, name rights, personality rights, and/or honor rights,
(3) Slandering or defaming individuals or organizations,
(4) Violating laws and public policies or close to violating them,
(5) intentionally using the services of the Web beginner’s program unlawfully (including actions taking advantage of the bugs occurred to the Web beginner’s program),
(6) providing information for the purpose of profit without permission from ArTech International,
(7) disturbing the operation of the Web beginner’s program or impairing the trust of ArTech International, and
(8) engaging in actions that ArTech International considers inappropriate or inadequate.
2. When ArTech International or the third party is damaged as a result of above actions, users will be fully liable for such actions and will not damage ArTech International or the third party.
3. When ArTech International reasonably judges that users engaged in actions described in clause 1, it can suspend the use of the Web beginner’s program without any prior notice.
Article 6. (Use of the Web beginner’s program)
Users shall prepare necessary communication environment such as terminal devices and communication devices at their own responsibility and expense. Also, user shall pay for the communication cost required to use the Web beginner’s program.
Article 7. (Intellectual property, copyright, etc.)
1. Users shall confirm that the Web beginner’s program itself and the copyright and the intellectual properties of materials and systems derived from the Web beginner’s program belong to ArTech International or the licensed third party.
Under any circumstances, users may not transfer, copy, send, translate, adapt, transform, add, or take any other prohibited actions.
2. When a dispute erupts by violating this article, users shall resolve the dispute on their own at their expense and responsibility, and shall not damage ArTech International or the third party. Article 8. (Suspension, change, or termination of the service) ArTenternational holds the right to change, to suspend temporarily or long-term, or to terminate the service of the Web beginner’s program without any prior notice, and the users shall agree to this term.
Article 8. (Suspension, change, or termination of the service)
ArTech International holds the right to change, to suspend temporarily or long-term, or to terminate the service of the Web beginner’s program without any prior notice, and the users shall agree to this term.
Article 9. (Temporary suspension of the service)
In the following cases, ArTech International may temporarily suspend the services of the Web beginner’s program and the services provided on the Web without any prior notice to the users.
(1) During the maintenance of the Web beginner’s program or while changing the specification,
(2) when natural disasters or other emergency situations occur or expected to occur, and the services that are provided in the Web beginner’s program and on the Web cannot be provided,
(3) when ArTech International judges that the services that are provided in the Web beginner’s program and on the Web need to be temporarily suspended.
Article 10. (Force majeure)
1. ArTech International shall not assume any responsibility when events such as computer virus, electric power outage, computer server malfunction, internet connection trouble, natural disasters, or other force majeure that ArTech International is not held responsible (“force majeure”) occur and cause damages to the users.
2. The previous clause shall also apply to contracted organizations of ArTech International (including contracted organizations and re-entrusted organizations, together as “contractors”) that operate the Web beginner’s program. Contractors shall not assume any responsibility when events such as natural disasters, riots, labor disputes, or political instability occur in the country in which contractors operate and contractors become unable to provide the Web beginner’s program.
3. ArTech International shall not guarantee that the data provided or managed with the Web beginner’s program will not be deleted or changed due to force majeure.
Article 11. (Exemptions)
1. ArTech International shall not guarantee that (A) bugs, errors, or troubles (including and not limiting to the loss of study history and other data), (B) information provided by the Web beginner’s program is accurate, and (C) services and information provided by the Web beginner’s program satisfy the expectation of the users.
2. Regarding the information (including and not limiting to advertisement and other information provided by third parties) provided by ArTech International or the third party in the Web beginner’s program, users shall agree that ArTech International will not guarantee the recency, authenticity, lawfulness, safety, adequacy, validity, nor the effect of the program, and users shall use the Web beginner’s program at their own risk.
Even when troubles occurred regarding the information of the users, ArTech International shall not be held responsible. However, when ArTech International intentionally or gross negligently caused troubles, exemptions shall not apply.
Article 12. (Responsibility of ArTech International)
1. The services of the Web beginner’s program are provided based on the standard specified by ArTech International (including and not limiting to support content/method, communication speed, stability of communication), and users shall agree in advance that the content and the level of the service may not always satisfy the expectation of the users.
2. ArTech International shall not be held responsible for the damages (including and not limiting to damages such as troubles of the communication devices, troubles with the third parties, mental distress, or monetary losses) to the users as a result of using the Web beginner’s program (including ArTech International or the third party providing the information), or other web sites or services (including and not limiting to contracted services) provided by the third party and accessible through the Web beginner’s program, unless there are reasons attributable to ArTech International.
3. When ArTech International caused damages to the users by its actions such as default on the debt, illegal activities, or other actions, ArTech International shall compensate for the direct and normal damages occurred to the users. However, when ArTech International intentionally or gross negligently caused damages, it will compensate beyond the limit.
Article 13. (Elimination of anti-social forces)
Users shall express and continue to express that they do not belong to anti-social forces (including organized crime groups, members of organized crime groups, persons who have not been members of organized crime groups for less than 5 years, sub-members of organized crime groups, companies affiliated with organized crime groups, corporate racketeering groups, groups engaging in criminal activities under the pretext of conducting social campaigns, groups engaging in intellectual crimes, and anyone who corresponds to these persons or groups), and that they will not engage in any illegal actions such as violence, fraud, threat, obstruction of business, etc. When users violate their expressions, users shall agree that the use of the Web beginner’s program be suspended and shall compensate for any damages caused to ArTech International.
Article 14. (Change of agreement)
1. ArTech International holds the right to change (including addition and deletion) this agreement and other instructions without any prior notice.
2. Changed agreement and other instructions shall be posted on the Web beginner’s program site, and it shall be considered that users agreed to the changed agreement and instructions when they use the Web beginner’s program.
Article 15. (Personal information)
2. Users shall agree that ArTech International or entrusted service operators will use the personal information users provided while using the Web beginner’s program services.
3. Users shall agree that ArTech International will provide usage condition, results, personal information, etc. to information subscribers.
Article 16. (Reading, totalizing, and using statistical information, attribute information, and usage information)
Information concerned in this article includes the personal information, and the usage history of the Web beginner’s program (including and not limiting to page views, movie view history,
study history of various exercises, study process of the Web beginner’s program, modes, and the result status) that users registered using the Web beginner’s program. It also includes processed, totalized and analyzed statistical data and attribute information that are created with or without identifying the individual, and the result of analysis, usage history, statistical data, and attribute information.
Whether it is before or after user registration or deletion, users shall agree in advance that ArTech International holds the right to use the above information without any restrictions (including and not limiting to providing information of the users to information subscribers, presenting to corporations, investigating the market, developing new services).
Article 17. (Severability clause)
When any of the articles specified in this agreement and instructions are judged invalid by the court of jurisdiction, they will be changed or interpreted such that their original purpose will be achieved as much as possible within the limit of laws. Also, they will not affect other articles of this agreement and instructions.
Article 18. (Applicable laws and jurisdiction)
The applicable laws of this agreement are laws of Japan, and all disputes arose from this agreement shall be judged in Tokyo district court or Tokyo summary court which is the court of first instance and the exclusive agreement jurisdictional court.
There has been more than 300,000 children who have participated in the program beginning from the year 2000 until 2015.
The survey conducted after the program completion states that 95% of children and 87% of parents answered that their awareness about the environment was raised. And, 86% of participants said that their communication among family members at home was improved.
Moreover, the participants have successfully reduced the consumption of home energies by 10% in average, resulting in great reduction of the CO2 emission.
“I have created these results!” Such self-confidence earned during teenage years through the program will undoubtedly empower children to think big regarding their future lives.
Kids’ ISP 14000 Program, Three Important Achievement Goals:
1,Be able to learn about management skills
2, Be able to receive a prestigious certificate that the UN and UN agencies recognize
3, Be able to create a worldwide network with highly talented children sharing the same values and qualifications